Contract Administration

If your property has suffered damage as a result of an insurance related peril (fire, flood, impact, escape of water) the devastation this can cause both emotionally and materially can be immeasurable.

In such times the appointment of a Chartered Building Surveyor to project manage and organise the restoration of your home can prove invaluable allowing you to focus on other areas of your life and relieving some of the pressure in what can be an extremely difficult time.

Your Insurer will generally instruct a Loss Adjuster or Claims Advisor to manage the claims process and if damage to your property is significant they should recommend that you appoint a surveyor to project manage the buildings reinstatement. The surveyor’s fees generally fall for payment under your policy in the same way as the cost of the actual repairs.

There are a number of options open to you. The larger firms of loss adjusters are able to offer an in house project management solution whereby they actually employ the surveyor directly. This can work well in certain circumstances but the lack of independence can sometimes cause problems and lead to confusion.

Alternatively you have the option of appointing your own Chartered Surveyor who will be employed by you and work on your behalf whilst liasing closely with the Loss Adjuster. For many this is the preferable option given that the service offered is completely independent and roles are clear.

We have extensive experience of dealing with building repairs required due to fire, flood, vehicle impact and numerous other causes.

Looking for advice?

Contact our team for a consultation today.
Get In Touch